Sunday, March 5, 2017

Drug Court and the Feckless Justice System. Part 1

Many times in the last year and a half people have asked me to put my experience of being robbed and my subsequent encounter with the ineptitude and or corruption of the court and corrections system into a blog.  Much of what my family and I went through has been general knowledge through Facebook status’s that had been shared numerous times. I hadn’t thought much about any of this the last six months when I much washed my hands of everything, assuming our felon had burnt his last bridge and would be doing at least ten years in state prison. That was until last Monday when I received a message at work from a good friend. “Hey, Kathy, what was the name of the guy that broke into your house last year? Looks like your guy is this week’s Rochester’s Most Wanted, just FYI. Nathan Bell, right?” 
Boom. Sure enough, he was out and back to doing what he does. My mouth went dry, my gun got placed back in my waistband, and all sense of peace was replaced by anger once again. The whole range of emotions on this ride is quite exhausting. From wanting to kill him, to wanting to save him, to just feeling numb about the entire incident. So, I decided to talk about it some more. I will take FB status’s and try and fill in some blanks as much of what was written, at the time was by pure emotion. I am trying to get back to the numbness. Hate and anger take way too much energy. I have had a headache more days than not this past week. 

August 27, 2015 4:30am
I have a sleep pattern has me up most days about 3:30 am. I slept later that day. We woke up to the dogs barking. Rick went downstairs and saw nothing. Knowing I wouldn’t be getting back to sleep at that point, I got up a few minutes later. I came downstairs to find the side door wide open. I didn’t think too much about it, as the door jam thingy did not always catch, and kids or whoever may have put the dogs out last, may not have noticed. Plus, it’s August. It is’ hot and humid. I made Rick’s coffee and brought it up to him, grabbed mine and headed to our basement living room. I noticed right away that it was super dark. Usually, there is a light from the two laptops casting a blue glow across the room. I switched a light on and saw nothing, no laptops on my desk. No phone or Ipad was charging on the bookcase, no purse with my handgun, and $400 cash…yea we were robbed. Lily and Bandit knew what they were barking at, and we ignored them.  I yelled up to Rick that everything was gone, that my gun was gone, and he ran downstairs to the dining room to where he used to unload his pockets. His wallet, his gun, and two ammo mags-gone. 

The Police were called and responded within 10 minutes. They had him within 35 minutes.

My first status of this long road.

August 27, 4pm-ish

"This was not how I planned to spend my day off. I hope this douche bag enjoys his 7-15 years on the firearms charges. I am ever so grateful to all the Rochester Police Officers that showed up this morning. You guys Rock!"



Rochester NH Police Department
On 08-27-15 officers from the Rochester Police Department responded to a past tense burglary which happened at a residence on Old Dover Rd in the early morning hours while the homeowners were asleep in bed. The homeowners advised they had woken up and discovered that their doors were opened to the home and they were missing some electronics, as well as 2 firearms. Police set up a perimeter as it was believed the suspect was potentially still in the area. As the officers were setting up the perimeter one officer made contact with a male located in the parking lot of Lius Garden at 603 Columbus Ave. The officer spoke briefly with the male before the male turned and started to run. As the male began running away from the officer he removed two items from his person and threw them into the woods. These discarded items were identified as the two stolen firearms from the burglary. Rochester Police K9 unit responded and tracked the male along the old railroad bed in the woods near Old Dover Rd. After a short track the suspect was apprehended in the woods by Rochester Officers. The suspect was identified to be:
CHRISTOPHER NATHAN BELL
 Age: 23
20 ACADEMY ST Apt. #A ROCHESTER, NH
He was charged with the following crimes:
BURGLARY Felony
RESISTING ARREST OR DETENTION
RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY Felony Firearm
RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY Felony Firearm
BENCH WARRANT- CONCORD DISTRICT
ARREST ON A WARRANT-MERRIMACK SUPERIOR COURT
RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY Misdemeanor
Bell refused bail and was sent to Strafford County Jail where he will be held until his arraignment on Friday August 28th, at 11:00am. The arraignment will be via video at the Rochester District Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment