Friday, September 6, 2013

Maybe Pigs are flying, maybe it's cold in hell, but today I attended and supported a cause that Burt Cohen, former democrat state senator organized. It was a vigil against Obama's proposed military action against Syria. If you know anything about Burt Cohen, you would understand why me supporting anything he supports is extraordinary. Just under 30 in attendance, Burt told me that these peace vigils, are happening all over the country. I spoke to a retired teacher from Portsmouth that thought it was a pretty good turn out considering he only read about it in the paper this morning. He also stated that the last time he attended a protest at the North Church was back in 2003, protesting the Iraq war. Besides the familiar, beautiful face who went with me, Michelle Desrochers -Jim Rubens from Hanover, was the only person I knew in attendance. This was my first protest, I hope that there are more and that more get involved so that we can send a message to our elected officials, that we don't want our troops touching Syria, this is not our war, 
and somebody needs to be returning a Nobel Peace Prize... Just SayingKathy Dunton's photo.Kathy Dunton's photo.








Kathy Dunton's photo.Kathy Dunton's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment