Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Why It, ' The Vision' Didn't Happen

I ended yesterday by Just Saying, that Joey was Not visited by God the Father and Jesus. How do I know this? God told me. He told you too. Many times. It's in His Word. His word that does not change.

Malachi 3:6, "I the LORD do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed..." It's interesting that the verse before this one, verse 5, speaks on the coming judgment for the sorcerers, (one who practices magic), adulterers, and against those who swear falsely.

James 1:17, says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Numbers 23:19, "God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should change His mind. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?" (Every, and there were over 300 prophesies from the Old Testament concerning the coming of the Messiah, have come true.)

Jesus had been foretold in the Old Testament. His was born of a virgin, did numerous miracles that also fulfilled prophecy, was crucified and rose again. At the cross, as he drew his last breath, he said, "It is finished." John 19:30. Complete. Done. Nothing else is required to be in right relationship with his Father. He did it.

While he lived on this earth and walked amongst man, he taught us how to live, what we needed to do to receive forgiveness and eternal life. John 3:16. If you haven't read the book of John, do. If you have, reread it.

Can you imagine a conversation between The Father and Son as they might prepare for the visitation with young Joey? I have written this next fictitious dialog with the voice of Jeff Foxworthy being that of God. It's my blog, and I can if I want to.

God, "I'm really sorry about this Son. I really thought these foolish, stiff necked people would have gotten this the last time. If I had known that they were going continue to argue about stupid things, to ignore everything I have set before them; I never would have put you through that horrible death."

Son, "But Dad, I tried to tell you."

God, "I know, but as they say, practice makes perfect. There is this young man Joseph..."


Son, "Joseph? My stepdad?"

God, "No, a different Joseph, this one needs a mission in his life. His father isn't home much. He uses smooth stones, amulets, and talismans to look for treasure. You know how much those things intrigues people minds. And it gets under their flesh, it's a great gimmick..."

Son, "But Dad, you said that using that stuff is detestable, and an abomination."

God, " I know son, but I have had to change my view on these things, because the times have changed. We will get it right this time. This new Gospel will be awesome."

Yeah, that did not happen. Jesus was the answer. God would not give a new word. Period. Much less one that has so much sorcery, witchcraft, and superstitions woven through it. God has never and will never contradict Himself.

He has and does allow things to happen to bring us back to him. He has let us become the victims of our own choices. Our freedom to choose, our independent thinking, our free will has gotten us in pretty deep over the years. We all have free will. We will and do, suffer the consequences of our own bad decisions as well as of others. We are there now. But he does not change his mind. His Son was enough.

I would love to have some dialog on any of your thoughts about this. Am I the only one that has thought about all this? What does any of this matter?

Thank Goodness, God is still on the throne.

1 comment:

  1. So people really believe this stuff? It's almost hard to believe that there are things like this floating around, yet its true.. I've never wanted to live on Mars more in my life.

    ReplyDelete